I’ve been having an alarming obsession with rose gold recently. I half blame my sister for passing this crazy lovin’ over to me, however, I’m certainly not complaining. Let’s face it, rose gold is absolutely gorgeous! It has become a strong inspiration in all my expressive, creative arts and of course this includes painting my face.
I don’t know about you, but when the summer heat comes blasting in, I really dislike heavy makeup looks. I’m not one to apply a whole load of makeup for the majority of the time. However, during this particular season, I constantly crave light, airy makeup looks more than ever. Therefore, I wanted to share my favourite look which is natural, simple and still as stunning as if I were to apply more to my face.
1. Start by applying the ‘Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation (#2) ‘. This foundation is a semi-matte and works amazingly well in the heat. Apply the foundation with a large buffer brush. The ‘ZOEVA 104 Buffer Brush’ works really well for a smooth, natural finish with beautiful coverage.
2. Use the ‘Charlotte Tilbury the retoucher (2 fair)‘ under the eyes and over any blemishes or areas that require a little more coverage. Blend into the skin with index finger.
3. Set the foundation with the ‘Charlotte Tilbury Micro-Powder (1 Fair)’. This is a vital step to help keep the foundation looking flawless all day. The powder helps to prevent the foundation slipping off the face or caking.
4. Apply your favourite primer to the eyes- vital for hot days when you are more prone to sweating. Using a flat shadow brush, pack on ‘Liar‘ from the ‘Urban Decay Naked 3 eye shadow palette’ and apply all over the lid. Run this eye shadow under the waterline also.
5. Next, pick up ‘trick‘ and lightly dab this to the outer third of the eye lid so it is sitting on top of ‘liar‘.
6. With a fluffy eye shadow brush, apply ‘nooner‘ to the crease. Use windshield wiper motions and make sure this is nicely blended and rather discrete.
7. Curl the lashes and apply a generous coat of the ‘Charlotte Tilbury full fat lashes mascara in glossy black‘ . Coat the bottom lashes with the tip of the wand.
8. Fill in the brows with the ‘Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows in Cara.’ Use the Micro-Fine Precision Brush to brush the hairs in an upwards motion, ensuring you are only doing small strokes. Be careful not to overcoat your brush. This product gives a very natural look; no harsh brows, just thicker fuller hairs that help define your natural brow shape without looking ‘false’ or
9. With a large blusher brush, apply ‘ Soap & Glory, Love at First Blush’ to the cheeks. This is a blusher and highlighter combined, therefore, it works exceptionally well for a light, glowing makeup look. The shade also compliments the eye shadow perfectly and looks beautiful when sun beams hit the face.
10. Pencil in the lips with the ‘Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pink Venus.’ Outline the lips first and then fill in the rest of the mouth with gentle strokes.
11. Finish off the look with the ‘Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G in Bitch Perfect’. Apply this over the lip liner straight from the bullet for a quick, easy lipstick slick, or for more precision apply using a lip brush.
I’d love to know your thoughts on this look. What’s been your favourite makeup look this summer?