I can’t believe it. 2016 is almost over and I’m finding it difficult to wrap my head around the fact that 2017 is just around the corner. I have a feeling this New Years Eve will be unlike any other. On a global scale, there have been countless devastation and tragedies from politics to celebrities dropping by the numbers. I think I can speak for many when I say 2016 will not be missed.
To celebrate the arrival of the new year and more importantly, saying goodbye for 2016 once and for all. I wanted to do an incredibly flawless makeup look that can be matched with almost any outfit. So, whatever you are wearing this year, whether that be a daring tuxedo with killer heels, a sparkling romper perfect for partying or a romantic two piece. This makeup will see you into 2017 looking the best way possible. The look consists of a golden eye with silver accents, flirty lashes and a red lip which is always a timeless option. You’ll be feeling like a movie star and ready to kick 2017’s butt!
1. To obtain that flawless complexion, begin with the ‘Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation (#2) ‘ applying the product with a large buffer brush.
2. Next, add the ‘Charlotte Tilbury the retoucher (2 fair)‘ running the brush under the eyes and over any blemishes or areas that require a little more coverage. Blend into the skin with index finger.
3. Contour the cheekbones with the ‘Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow‘ and a large, angled, bronzer brush.
4. Apply the ‘Ted Baker lip and cheek tint’ to the cheeks and blend in to the skin with your fingers.
5. Then go back to the ‘Bronze & Glow’ and add the highlighter to the top of the cheeks with a small angled brush.
6. Fill in the eyebrows with the ‘Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows in Cara.’
7. With a small eye shadow brush, apply the colour ‘Armor‘ from the ‘Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow‘, to the inner and outer corner of the lid.
8. Next, apply ‘Dirtysweet’ to the center of the lid and along the bottom lash line.
9. Line the upper lid with the ‘Kat Von D Tattoo Liner’ staying as close to the lash line as possible. Create a small subtle wing at the outer corner.
10. Next is the black eye liner! Tightline with the Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl Bedroom Black liquid eyeliner pencil
11. Apply the ‘Eyelure Enchanted Dark Forest Lashes ‘ with the lash glue and a pair of tweezers.
12. Curl the lashes and apply a generous coat of the ‘Charlotte Tilbury legendary lashes in Black Vinyl’
The red lip
13. Pencil in the lips with the ‘Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Kiss ‘n’ Tell.’ Outline the lips first and then fill in the rest of the mouth with gentle strokes.
14. Finish off the look with the ‘Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G in So Marilyn’. Apply this over the lip liner straight from the bullet for a quick, easy lipstick slick, or for more precision apply using a lip brush.
Happy new year Wildlings! What makeup will you be wearing on this magical evening?