Even though I was hesitant on sharing this post- my camera has officially gone!- I've quickly fallen in love with this look and felt it was begging to be shared. It's no secret I adore romantic fashion and that is, of course, naturally transferred to beauty as well. Looking back on these shots, it's apparent to me now, that Jane Austen was subconsciously an inspiration for the beauty look this Valentines. Every now and then I fall back into that old-timely, Georgian romance she so perfectly creates and really what better inspiration is there for ethereal romance? Perhaps the regency era wasn't the most romantic in reality but what era is? Jane Austen brought that much needed fantasy into our world and her words continue to flourish even today, 200 years later.
As valentines is the day of love- though I encourage all, to love everyday. Pink had to be the choice of colour. This whole makeup look is almost curated under that very colour accompanied with just a hint of purple. A colour I rarely ever go for, but have recently discovered the depth and beauty it can create. Particularly when mixed with it's conventionally feminine partner, pink. I curled my hair with a chopstick curling wand for elegant corkscrew curls, which I loosened up once the hair was cooled. I then put my locks into a high ponytail, leaving a few pieces in the front for a more flattering outcome. This hairstyle is really what finishes this look and gives that Austen-esqu vibe. In a short amount of time, you'll be feeling like one of Jane Austen characters with this easy, pretty, makeup tutorial.
D O L L F A C E
E Y E C A N D Y
7. Using a small brush, pack on 'Dust' from the 'Urban Decay Naked 3 eye shadow palette' and apply all to the inner lid.
8. Next, apply 'Burnout' to the center of the lid with a flat shadow brush.
9. Take a small fluffy brush and pack on 'Buzz', applying this to the outer corner of the eye and blending into the center where 'Burnout' has been applied.
10. With a large fluffy eye shadow brush, blend 'Limit' into the crease with windshield wiper motions. If required, go back and reapply 'buzz' to the center of the lid for a more vivid outcome.
11. Take a purple liner, I used the Tarte Silk Amazonian Clay Eyeliner and tight line.
12. Curl the lashes and generously apply a coat of 'Charlotte Tilbury legendary lashes in Black Vinyl' for voluminous thick black lashes. Perfect for fluttering.
L I P S L I K E S U G A R
13. Line the lips with 'Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk' and then fill in the rest.
14. Add the finishing touches and glide the 'Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G in Coachella Coral. on to your lips for the perfect, pretty pout.