I sometimes find it odd to think about how much I hated peanut butter the first time I tried it last year. In fact any nut butter I found disgusting but I knew that you can train your taste buds to enjoy different foods and it wasn’t long before I was nut butter obsessed. Let’s face it, peanuts and chocolate make a heavenly combination. Therefore, I just had to make a healthy way to start my day with these two delicious foods.
This recipe is full of healthy fats to balance out hormones, therefore, it makes a great recipe for when it’s that time of the month. The cocoa nibs and cocao powder provide a healthy dose of magnesium, antioxidants, iron and potassium accompanied with the banana. Whilst the flax and peanuts give a decent omega 3:6 ratio. There’s also a great amount of complex carbs to kick start your day. It’s also high in fiber to keep you fuller for longer and also stops you craving unhealthy sweets later in the day. Therefore, it’s perfect if you are trying to obtain a healthier lifestyle.
Brimming with macro and micro nutrients this delicious breakfast is a perfect recipe that tastes sinful but gives your body a great amount of nutrition.
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Serves 1 (Recipe is very easily doubled, tripled, etc.)
I N G R E D I E N T S
● 50G Gluten Free Oats
● 2 small bananas
● 250 ml almond milk (Or any other non-dairy milk, however, this will alter the overall taste of dish)
● 1 tbsp Organic Cocao Powder
● 1 tbsp Flax Seed
● 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
● 1 tbsp Peanuts
● 1 tbsp Cocoa Nibs
● 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom fruit syrup (Or agave nectar/ maple syrup)
1. In a small saucepan, combine the oats, milk, cocao powder, flax seed and 1 tbsp of peanut butter. Turn the hob onto low- medium heat and gently stir for 2-3 minutes.
2. In a small cup, combine the other tablespoon of peanut butter, syrup and 1 tbsp of milk. Mix this together to create a sweet, peanut sauce.
3. Mash one banana and add to the oats, stir for another 2 minutes. Once the oats have thickened transfer to a bowl and chop up the other banana.
4. Add the banana to the top of the oats with cocoa nibs, peanuts and peanut sauce. Enjoy!