Who doesn’t love a pile of waffles for breakfast? After buying my waffle iron during my not-so-long-ago uni days, I went a little waffle-crazy. Literally, my kitchen was just stacks and stacks of waffles and it was fortunate that I lived on my own because I’m pretty certain someone would have admitted me into a mental asylum. Forget crazy cat lady, I’m the crazy waffle lady.
Whilst my waffle insanity was a little concerning, it did result in perfecting various waffle recipes that are all healthy, delicious and most importantly cruelty free! I thought it was time to share my basic waffle recipe that I often use as a foundation for other flavoured ones, which you can also expect to be on the blog soon.
Cook Time: 7 Min
Makes 4-5 Waffles (Recipe very easily doubled, tripled, etc.)
● 100G (1 cup) Buckwheat flour
● 1 Tbsp Chia Seed
● 1 Banana
● Agave Syrup (or any syrup of choice)
● 1 Tbsp Coconut flakes
● 120ml Soy Milk (or any plant based milk)
1. Add the flour, chia seed, soy milk and half a banana to a blender and pulse until smooth. If the batter is feeling a little too thick add more milk
2. Pour the batter evenly onto a waffle iron and close the lid. Let the waffles cook for 5-6 minuets until browned.
3. Remove the waffle from the iron and place onto a plate. Top with the other half of the banana, syrup and coconut flakes.
What flavour waffle recipe would you like to see or do you already have one of your own?