There are days when I really need some nutritious healthy foods into my body but lack the energy to spend in the kitchen. Sometimes, you really do just need a fast convenient meal, but unfortunately, many believe that this also means junk food only. This really is not the case. There are so many easy and fast ways to cook healthy food that doesn’t require loads of time in the Kitchen. Therefore, I am sharing one of my favourite quick meals on the blog today, so that all of my love readers have a delicious plate of food bursting with vitamins and minerals!
This dish literally takes no longer than five minuets and comes with a homemade sweet and sour sauce that is quick to whip up, so you can ditch that horrible processed stuff you are buying, that is ruining a once healthy meal. The great thing about a stir fry is that you can throw anything you have sitting around, into the wok and because the recipe is so flexible, it’s not going to completely change the finished flavour. Honestly, what’s not to love?
Cook Time: 5 Min
Serves 2 (recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.)
● 200g Beansprouts
● Four broccoli florets
● 1 tbsp coconut oil
● 1 carrot, sliced with a peeler
● 200g kale
● 4 large mushrooms sliced
Sweet & Sour sauce
● 110g can pineapple in juice, chopped into chunks
● 5 tbsp vegetable stock
● 2 tbsp soy sauce
● 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
● 4 tbsp orange juice
● 1 tsp Agave nectar
● 1 tbsp tomato purée
● 2 tbsp very finely diced red pepper
1. Add the oil to a wok on high heat and allow to melt before adding the bean sprouts, broccoli, carrot, kale and mushrooms.
2. Keep tossing the vegetables every now and then and cook for 4-5 minuets.
3. Meanwhile, make the sauce, place the pineapple chunks and juice into a pan with the stock, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, agave nectar, tomato purée and red pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for four minuets then pour into a blender and pulse until smooth.
4. Serve the vegetables with the sauce on the side and enjoy!
How do you like your stir fry?